Shrimp and tofu come together to create this protein-rich dish of hot and sour soup. Enhanced with traditional soy sauce, hot sauce and bamboo shoots, this zesty soup goes Asian all the way.
1. Combine broth, mushrooms, soy sauce, and sliced bamboo shoots in a large saucepan; bring to a boil.
2. Reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes.
3. Add juice, pepper, shrimp, and tofu to pan; bring to a boil.
4. Cook 2 minutes or until shrimp are almost done.
5. Combine cornstarch and water in a small bowl, stirring until smooth.
6. Add cornstarch mixture to pan; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly.
7. Slowly drizzle egg white into pan, stirring constantly. Remove from heat; stir in onions and sprinkle with hot sauce.