ThinAdventurefiber™ is a proprietary blend of super fibers, including ForteFiber™**, that have a clinically proven benefit to your health beyond just being a fiber. For example, eight human clinical studies have shown that these fibers lowered total and bad cholesterol while leaving (HDL) good cholesterol untouched (see Table A).
Studies have also shown that these fibers stabilize sugar and insulin level which help maintain cholesterol, glucose and insulin levels that are already within normal range.
Fiber is very important in your diet. Unfortunately the amount of fiber we eat has been lowered significantly in our diet due to the over processing of food.
For example, in a hamster study it was shown that hamsters who ate a high fat diet with ForteFiber™ included, clearly had less fat in their livers (see dramatic Picture B).
Dr. Sass likes to say, “one gram of ThinAdventurefiber™ is equal to multiple times its weight in a regular fiber”.
We add ThinAdventurefiber™ to our cookies, muffins, bagel crisps and many of our products. Our sister company that makes underWAY™ appetite suppressing beverage adds it to their great tasting drink.*
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
**ForteFiber™ is a trademark of The Dow Chemical Company.
- 31 non-diabetic, overweight/obese subjects administered 4g or 8g doses of high viscosity Fortefiber in a double blind, placebo controlled cross-over study showed that:
- Fortefiber significantly (p < 0.05) reduced postprandial blood glucose concentrations in human subjects with the reduction of Cmax by 14% and IAUC (0-2 hrs) by 35%.
- Paper issued:
- High-Viscosity Hydroxypropylmethylcellulose Blunts Postprandial Glucose and Insulin Responses. Kevin C. Maki, Michael L. Carson, Marvin ZP. Miller, Maciej Turowski, Marjorie Bell, Donna M. Wilder and Matthew S. Reeves. Diabetes Care. 2007. 30, 1039-1043.
- 50 non-diabetic, overweight/obese subjects administered 1g or 2g doses of Fortefiber HB Ultra in a double blind, placebo controlled cross-over study with varying viscosities to test lower levels of effectiveness
- Paper issued:
- High-Viscosity Hydroxypropylmethylcellulose Blunts Postprandial Glucose and Insulin Responses. Kevin C. Maki, Michael L. Carson, Marvin ZP. Miller, Maciej Turowski, Marjorie Bell, Donna M. Wilder and Matthew S. Reeves. Diabetes Care. 2007. 30, 1039-1043