My Plan- Get Ready to Lose up to 15 Pounds in 4 Weeks
Get smart, follow the instructions below and join the thousands of people that have become [email protected]
• You must eat all 6 cookie servings throughout the day*
My Plan- Eat 1 cookie serving at a time with water, preferably every 2 – 3 hours or when you feel hungry. Start with your first cookie serving within an hour of waking up. For all of you night-owls, save 1 cookie serving for after dinner. Heat up your cookie serving (no more than 10 seconds in the microwave) to bring out the full flavor. Keep in mind that 1 shake replaces 2 cookie servings and 1 soup replaces 1 cookie serving. Also, remember that 1 pudding, 1 muffin or 1 bagel replaces 1 cookie serving.
•Drink at least 64 ounces of sugar-free, calorie-free liquids (i.e., eight 8 ounce servings) preferably water.
• Your dinner meal consists of 10 – 12 ounces of lean protein with up to 5 servings of non-starchy vegetables. If needed, you may only split the protein into a small lunch and small dinner. Be consistent with your daily routine to control your daily hunger. Vegetables are to be eaten only at dinner (no salad at lunch).
Lean Deli Meat (Turkey and Chicken Only)
•Include at least 2 and preferably up to 5 servings of vegetables in your dinner meal. Break up your servings by having a small salad first and then more vegetables with your protein or have one large salad topped with lean protein. Vegetables may be fresh, frozen or canned and eaten raw, steamed, roasted, grilled, sautéed, boiled or baked.
Green Leafy Vegetable
|LIMITED TO ½ CUP|
Pea Pods (Snow and Sugar)
Red & Yellow Peppers
• Foods may be baked, steamed, broiled, poached, grilled and sautéed in non-stick spray. No fats, no oils and no frying is permitted.
• Salad dressings and other condiments used for your dinner meal should not contain more than 40 calories (i.e., 4 tbls. of 10 calories per serving dressing). Smart for Life® offers a variety of delicious marinades, dressings and dips. Use salt substitute when seasoning.
• Frozen dinners may be used as a dinner replacement, but should be limited to no more than 3 per week due to high sodium content. When selecting a frozen dinner, these nutritional guidelines should be followed.
– 600 calories or less
– Minimum 40 grams of protein (if not at least 40 grams, add extra protein)
6 grams of fat or less
– 40 grams of carbs or less
– Rice and pasta dishes are allowed for frozen meals
because the servings are measured precisely.
• After Dinner you may add the following:
-Up to 2 individual servings of sugar-free Jello™
-1 sugar-free popsicle
-1 dill pickle
• Do not eat fruit or drink fruit juice (lemon and lime included). The natural sugar will cause hunger.
• Do not eat bread, pasta, corn, rice or potatoes.
• Use the Smart for Life® Zilch® only. Coffee creamer
and milk products should not be used as they can make you hungry.
• Use sugar substitutes only. No sugar or honey in any form.
• Use breath strips and sprays only. Chewing gum and breath mints should not be used. They may trigger hunger.
• For ultimate results, alcoholic beverages are completely forbidden.
• Avoid any personal trigger foods and shelf-stable foods (foods that are prepared with preservatives and do not require refrigeration).
• It is recommended to take one multivitamin a day.
*If you are 6’2″, increase your daily cookies to 7 per day and if you are 6’4″ in height increase your daily cookies to 8 per day.
Why isn’t fruit part of the program? After all, we’ve been taught that fruit is a healthy food. And yes, we agree that fruit is full of healthy vitamins and minerals. But it is also
full of natural sugar – the number one cause of hunger. Therefore fruits are absolutely off limits. A multivitamin a day will provide the vitamins you need, while the cookies and salads are filled with fiber. Once on maintenance, you should eat fruit again.
Alcohol’s Long-Lasting Effects- Losing weight does give you reason to celebrate but there is no quicker way to sabotage your efforts than with alcohol. Alcohol slows down the fat burning process. The calories you consume when drinking alcohol are not stored in your body; they are quickly transformed into a type of fuel that your body burns quickly. As a result, all of your dieting goes toward burning the alcohol calories first, not the fat you are trying hard to eliminate. Left alone, alcohol calories are carried off and stored in your body as fat. That’s why alcohol is known as a “straight-to-the-stomach” beverage; the calories always seem to be stored in the belly first.
8 Glasses a Day Helps Flush the Pounds Away. Water is a natural appetite suppressant and the key to the metabolism of fat. Why? Because your kidneys rely on a certain level of water to function properly and when they are dehydrated, a big portion of the kidneys’ workload is dumped onto the liver. Problem is, when the liver is forced to help the kidneys out, it cannot put all its efforts into turning fat to energy. As a result, the liver metabolizes less and less fat, and you lose less and less weight.
If the body does not get adequate water, it goes into a “survival mode”. When this happens, your body prepares for an “emergency situation” by storing or retaining water – from anywhere it can, resulting in bloating. To put it simply, when you’re dehydrated, your metabolism slows and so does your weight loss.
Everyone should know their BMI. To calculate your BMI, visit Our BMI Calculator
We’re Here to Support You
For more Information, Recipes, Success Stories, Motivation and Telephone Support Group Meetings, visit SmartforLife.ca. Any questions or concerns, feel free to call: 866.791.7826. Our knowledgeable Smart for Life® coaches will help you succeed.